Friday, May 17, 2013

Kelly Thompson at Semi Permanent Auckland 2013








*all images from http://www.kellythompson.co.nz/

My son, Who is about to be 17 Is lucky enough to have been given some tickets to Semi Permanent, Which is an event that brings together successful and talented creative minds and people from varied creative backgrounds and industries. To share their knowledge and experiences.

The event my son is going to is in Auckland and runs over two days (may 31st-june 1st) Although it is an international event with multiple countries on the circuit and is an annual event in its 11th year.
 It is a blend of talks, exhibitions and parties. A "festival of creativity" as stated on the website.

So as you can imagine I am super jelous that my son is going! But I am however, extremely excited for him that he will be able to experience such an amazing event and have a first hand look inside the world that he is hoping to venture into when he leaves school in 18 months time. He will be so inspired!

And now I'd like you to meet Kelly Thompson.. who is the uber talented and beautiful lady who has created these stunning illustrations above.
Kelly is a Photographer, Illustrator and Art Director... told you... super talented!
She is also a guest speaker this year at Semi Permanent.
I want to purchase pretty much ALL of her artwork, I love her use of colour, subtle yet dynamic. I love her delicate style, yet her subjects exude strength and confidence, and some serious sex appeal! And the
All of the images above are available through her shop as well as lots of other incredibly beautiful prints.

Well, not only does my talented son get to go to the amazing Semi Permanent event, he is also going to meet Kelly Thompson! Squeeeee!!!! (thats me screeching with excitement!!)
She is actually the reason my son has managed to get tickets!.. thanks to a great and very generous friend of mine who knows Kelly personally and has managed to organise the whole thing.

Please, please check out Kelly's website and see what she gets up to. You won't regret it. She is already amazingly successful and I think she is only just at the tip of the iceberg! She is going places this girl!
And best of all, she is a kiwi girl making it big overseas and coming from my hometown Wellington New Zealand, well whats not to love quite frankly!

 The fact that she is happy to make the time in her busy schedule to meet my teenage son who has big dreams of making it in her industry in the way off future, just shows what an awesome lady she is.

Thanks Leah (please check out her restaurant Huxtable ) for putting the puzzle pieces together. And thanks kelly for being such a sweetheart and making it happen.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...